We know that what is going on in our world and in our communities is not easy at the moment – especially for those who are facing long stretches of isolation and uncertainty. But we also know that there is a simple and comforting way to turn the unexpected time at home into a wonderful opportunity to knit, become creatively active and bring some focus and calm to your day. So we encourage you to pick-up sticks again, to teach your family, and to learn yourself if you haven’t yet had the chance.
We are also big fans of natural remedies; especially from products that are made in NZ and scientifically proven to help boost immunity and restore balance and calm. That is why we we’ve teamed up with our friends at Sub and Tarctic to bring you self-care kits that brings knitting and wellbeing together.
We encourage you to stay home, stay calm and stay healthy. We hope where possible you can use your time for good, perhaps less digital and more mindful. Focus on healthy, engaging activities and learnings … and we wish you all the best during this stressful time.
Grab a kit for yourself, or one for a friend who may need help to look after themselves. Maybe you could even order one for yourself and a friend, and use it as an opportunity to teach a friend to knit – and spend some time together – albeit virtually!
See full range of Sumptuous here
Healthy Bean is a simple looped scarf knitting pattern that doesn’t need you to concentrate too much on getting the pattern right. You can simply sit down for a few rows, check in with where you’re at, and get lost in your thoughts for awhile.
We’ve even added a daily check-in card to help you connect with yourself daily!
BEAUTYDIET™ CELLULAR ENERGY SUPPLEMENT AND IMMUNITY SUPPORT:
Look and feel your best through a combination of natural New Zealand powerhouse ingredients, coupled with 15 years of medical research and biotechnology. Feel the difference of improved sleep, improved sense of calm, stronger nails, longer hair, glowing skin, improved gut health and improved flexibility and motion.
- Encourages faster collagen production and skin cell growth in response to stress or injury
- Energises ageing skin cells by boosting structural collagen
- Combats ageing tissue atrophy by building lean body mass
- Protects against skin and tissue inflammation by supporting minimizing inflammatory mediators inside the cell.
- Protects against toxin induced oxidative stress by boosting glutathione, the master detoxifying enzyme in the body.
- Protects the gut by maintaining strong gut health as a result of a healthy microbiome.
- Concentrated Manuka Honey and Biotin for immunity support
HAND & NAIL RECONSTRUCTOR:
Patented peptides deliver improved nail flexibility, reduced nail splitting and brittleness, while softening and hydrating your hands. Botanical extracts of Chamomile and Witch Hazel add anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activity to this beautiful soothing cream
- Improves skin elasticity, hydration and reduces water loss*
- Immediate increase of skin hydration by average of 23%*
- Improved nail condition by average of 62%*
To reduce skin dryness and improve nail strength, apply to hands 2 – 3 times a day. If hands are regularly submerged in water apply more frequently.
NIGHTLY RENEW CREAM FOR A BEAUTIFUL NIGHTS SLEEP:
The patented technology in this powerhouse heals wrinkles where they start, by encouraging the skin to produce the right collagen in the right place, rebuilding skin structure and reversing wrinkle formation. Night Renewal is rich in vitamins (A, B, E) omega fatty acids and plant esters to nourish and repair your skin while you sleep. Ingredients such as Shea butter help to protect the epidermis and maintain the integrity of the stratum corneum while hyaluronic acid is a powerful, topical humectant and moisturizing agent.
Provides immediate results and long term benefits.
- Reduces redness; rapidly hydrates
- 20% sustained improvement in skin moisturization within 5 days*
- Stimulates collagen that reduces fine lines and wrinkles*
- Supports a sense of calm for a good nights sleep
Join our active online community to enjoy the power of knitting together, we are here to help and encourage you!
For other tips and tutorials visit our helpful blog here.