Mixed Tape Cardigan Knit Kit Colour Options:
Pattern Level: Intermediate
Estimated Knit Time: 10+ hours
Wool: Sumptuous; blend of NZ Alpaca and NZ Polwarth Wool
Needles: 6.5mm, knit on circulars with 60cm + 80cm cable
Skills: Knit, purl, follow a pattern, knit in the round, pickup stitches cast on, cast off, a little sewing up
Pattern by: Michelle Joy (Stewart), written in a less traditional style to be less technical and give the crafter room to adjust the fit and style
The Mixed Tape Cardigan design was made to capture the many elements of a dear friends personality… she is the ultimate mixed tape!
It is designed without buttons and buttonholes, so it is an open-style cardigan (jacket). You are welcome to modify for buttons; I personally have a mental block with them and prefer to not cardigan it.
This is knit bottom up, with a three-needle bind off to join the shoulders.
Two Sizes; Standard and a more room Comfy
- Bottom to shoulder approx. 64cm for both sizes
- Across back is 52cm for the Standard, and 62cm for the comfy : it is a looser fitting drop-shoulder style
- Front panels are 26cm each for the standard, and 33cm each for the Comfy.
Featured colour way is:
- Band and Borders are colour A: Natural
- Cheerleader Base is colour B: Star – Cheerleader Pom Poms is colour C: Tang
- Linear Lines is colour D: Rain
- Ninja’s Base is colour E: Blush – The Ninja Design is colour F: Midnight
- Sweatheart Base is colour C: Tang – Little Hearts are colour A: Natural
- Barbed Wire Base is colour F: Midnight – The Wire is colour B: Star
- Sleeves Base is colour B: Star
See full range of Sumptuous here