The Woven Co Blanket Club Knit Along (KAL) 2020 – Feb Launch
Knit Along, Together
We are live with our Mystery Blanket Club kits for 2020!
Our goal is to bring us all together on a lovely adventure of mystery and creativity. To enjoy the process and the company. To make and create, and get to know each other better along the way.
How does it work?
The pattern will have one release per week for TWELVE weeks.
Making a big yummy 1.2m square blanket, made up of four square panels each using three balls of Sumptuous. It’s a fun design keeping your rows shorter and allowing you to try some different construction techniques. Each ball of Sumptuous has a different stitch, creating intriguing textures. The whole blanket can be created without sewing – but some will prefer to do the last stretch with a little stitching to join.
You can join the KAL with the purchase of Sumptuous in-store at one of our participating stockists – or purchase the kit online with The Woven Co.
You will also gain access to our online group on Facebook (if you aren’t already part of it) and updates arrive to your given email address.
1st pattern release is Sunday 2nd Feb 2020
Where to Purchase
Buy the kit from The Woven Co online here, or shop our participating stockists – launching soon!
Online – The Yarn Queen
Online – NanaCindy
Hawkes Bay – Eskdale Yarns
Whanganui – Garney Spooner Wool Shop
Nelson – Broomfields and Co
Oamaru – The Textile Emporium
Queenstown – Franks Artisan Corner
Wanaka – KEKE NZ
Dunedin – The Felt Princess
What You Need to Know
- The blanket needs 12 balls of Sumptuous, to be purchased direct from The Woven co – or from your preferred stockist
- I need your email address to send the pattern updates, your stockist will forward this to me, or is included with your order online here
- You can join our closed facebook group with the password – given to you by your stockist or me
- First pattern release is Sunday 2nd Feb, so you have time to plan and secure your wools and tools
- Pattern releases will be weekly there after, 12 in total
- Support, sharing and help will be through our Facebook group
- You can start late too, there is not a start cut off
- Design is in four key panels, each made up of 3 balls of Sumptuous, using different textures
- There will be minimal sewing (if any) required
- Pattern will not be overly technical, and you will have the support of the group to help you
- Pattern calls for 5mm needles on a 60 or 80cm cable – the gauge is 34.5 stitches to 20cm
- Finished blanket will be approx 1.2m square