The Woven Co Blanket Club Knit Along (KAL)
Knit Along, Together
Launching on the 16th of October, will be our first ever knit along or KAL.
Our goal is to bring us all together on a lovely adventure of mystery and creativity. To enjoy the process and the company. To make and create, and get to know each other better along the way.
How does it work?
The pattern will have one release per week for four weeks. The pattern is made up of four design panels each using one ball of Sumptuous, and some boarder work using the fifth ball of Sumptuous. To make the blanket in the knee size you will need just 5 balls of Sumptuous in total. To make the blanket in the cuddle up size, you will need 10 balls of Sumptuous – with the design being worked on bigger needles, and the wool being held two strands together (so you work two balls of Sumptuous at once).
You can join the KAL with the purchase of Sumptuous instore at one of our participating stockists – or purchase the kit online with The Woven Co. You only need buy one ball to join in, so you can use up your stash, shop hand-dyed, or buy as you go!
1st pattern release is Wednesday 23rd October
Where to Purchase
Buy the full kit from The Woven Co online here, or shop our participating stockists:
Online – The Yarn Queen
Online – NanaCindy
Hawkes Bay – Eskdale Yarns
Whanganui – Garney Spooner Wool Shop
Nelson – Broomfields and Co
Oamaru – The Textile Emporium
Queenstown – Franks Artisan Corner
Wanaka – KEKE NZ
Dunedin – The Felt Princess
What You Need to Know
- You can get started with one ball of Sumptuous for the small, or two balls for the large
- I need your email address to send the pattern updates, your stockist will forward this to me, or is included with your order online here
- You can join our closed facebook group with the password – given to you by your stockist or me
- First pattern release is Wednesday 23rd October, so you have time to plan and secure your wools and tools
- Pattern releases will be weekly there after, 4 in total
- Support, sharing and help will be through our Facebook group
- You can start late too, there is not a start cut off
- Design is in four key panels, with borders between. Same pattern for the two sizes, one is just bigger
- Pattern will not be overly technical, and you will have the support of the group to help you
Smaller, using 4.5mm needles, needs 5 balls of Sumptuous
Good for babies, knees and wearing as a scarf
Larger, using 9mm, knit two strand, needs 10 balls of SumptuousGood for beds and couches, shoulders and sharing with a friend